digital media co-founder, ex-professional dog trainer, speaker, media commentator
I’m an ex-professional dog trainer. Founded my first digital media company in 1999. Won some awards. Authored three books. Give talks. Sometimes appear on TV & radio. Proud to be the UK’s World Animal Day Ambassador.
I began a professional career training dogs at the age of 16. With a lifelong passion for all things canine, dog training was truly my dream job. The only career I ever wanted, for as far back as I can remember being alive, was to be a dog trainer, this despite the fact I grew up in a home with no dogs. Read about how I became a dog trainer and meet the dog who changed my life and the lives of more than 60,000 rescue dogs.
Read some of my dog articles here.
The company has picked up several awards including the prestigious Digital Media Pioneer award.
I’ve worked with global brands, implementing profitable digital media strategies & online marketing campaigns, learned from my two decades of experience driving more than 1bn organic page views to our own websites.
I believe that the core of every modern business should be a publisher’s mindset. Content, traffic, engagement. What are these things if not just words and pictures designed to attract and retain a specific audience of people? Whether you’re selling dog food or financial products, if you aim to be seen and heard online, you have to understand digital media publishing.
To coin a phrase, I eat my own dog food. I understand online advertising because we’ve sold inventory for 20 years. I understand what does work, what used to work and what’s about to work. I understand SEO because it’s at the very foundation of our entire business. I understand content because we’ve been producing it for print, online, video and social media every day since 1999.
I’m a contributor to many industry publications, talking about web-related business strategies. I have given talks and seminars advising companies on how to make effective use of digital media opportunities across a wide variety of industry sectors.
Some Of The Brands I’ve Worked With
|Animal Health||Pet Nutrition||Retail & Insurance|
|Animal Health Trust||Royal Canin||George Barclay|
|Beaphar||Hill’s Pet Nutrition||The Co-op|
|CVS Group||Pet Munchies||NFU Mutual|
Selected Dog Articles
- My Top Tips For Preventing Dog Theft
- Me and My Dog: by Ryan O’Meara
- For Some Dogs a Grunt is Enough Reward
- Should We Muzzle ALL Dogs In Public?
- The Puppy Farm Problem – Who’s at Fault?
- My Theory on Jealousy in Dogs (It Doesn’t Exist!)
- What Causes Fatal Dog Attacks & How Can We Prevent Death by Dogs?
- Alice Cooper & The 1991 Dangerous Dogs Act
- Are These The 5 Most Dangerous Dogs In The World?
- Dog Attacks & Media Hype
My Latest K9 Magazine Articles
- The Most Aggressive Dog Breeds in the World?
- Dog Whistle Training: Teaching The Recall
- Adopting An Older Rescue Dog vs Getting A Puppy? (Why Puppies Are Overrated!)
- Making Money From Dog Cruelty – This Must End
- Dogs And Grief: How Dogs Help Humans In Times Of Great Sadness
- Best Joint Supplement for Dogs
- How To Stop Your Dog Jumping Up
- Is Raw Dog Food A Good Diet For Older Dogs?
- BISSELL ICON Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Review (3 Top Reasons To Buy)
- Teaching Your Dog the Recall: Make the Process Easier With This One Tip
- Brain Games For Older Dogs Keep Their Minds Young – Here’s The Proof
- Review: Dog Friendly Weekends by Lottie Gross
- There’s No Such Thing as a Bad Dog, Only Bad Owners, Right? WRONG!
- 4 Essential Dog Products for Spring
- 5 Things I Learned Training Dogs for Other People
- Is it Wrong To Treat Dogs Like Humans? (Yes. It’s Dangerous Too!)
- 4 Of The Best Products For Older Dogs
- The Best Tips For Getting Rid Of Dog Smells In The House
I have written three books about dogs.
Can I help with your project?
I’m entirely focussed on one mission in my life. To produce as many successful dog adoption outcomes as my time on this earth will allow. That’s it. That is what motivates me to get out of bed each day, that is why I work, that is why I write and that is why I sometimes accept speaking engagements.
I feel it’s valuable to be entirely upfront and transparent about what drives me. I have been working with dogs since I was 16 years old in 1992. I do have a lot of hands-on experience in the area of driving traffic to websites and producing engaging content. Since 2000, our websites have won awards and received over 1bn page views, all via organic traffic.
I may be able to help your company; whether it’s SEO, algorithmic publishing models, conversion or social media strategy. In return, I will charge a fee that I can reinvest in to the dog adoption mission started by my wife and I in 2007.
So that’s the pitch. If you’d like to use my 20+ years of experience working in the digital media sector, I will be happy to hear from you about your project. Or, if you’re feeling generous and would like to help a dog find a home, all donations go toward producing positive dog adoption outcomes.